Monday, August 22, 2011

Food for Today's Thoughts, Monday August 22, 2011

Food.
There's so much of it around.
Some of it's great to taste and some terrible.
Some that's good to eat isn't good for much of anyone.
Some people seem able to eat these things in small or large amounts and
remain fairly healthy. For me this is a mystery. I find that this way of eating, which is about 85% raw foods makes me feel pretty good. Sometimes I miss certain foods from my heritage. I don't think it makes sense to add these things at this time, but I come close with certain visitations of ways to make them in raw form.

I have an idea for grinding my own mustard seeds; this food may be used for a home made dressing at some point. Home made salad dressings are my next explorations. Though mostly I just squeeze 1/2 orange over my food/salad or do with out all together.

It's a process to release all of the body's toxins and visit what does food mean to me and the foods I leave behind, 95% will stay behind. Others will find some form or way to be part of my life. But for now, I need to release them to allow new ways of thinking, being and doing to come into my process.
This includes sprouting.

I want to grow sprouts from lentils and other beans; to try to taste to see....and I want to grow herbs in my own home. Wait till I finish my room. I have emptied it perhaps for this purpose, to get a fall/winter start up garden so I can grow some of my own food during the long winter months....hmmm....thinking about this and more.

I had a shorter session with Mark on the phone but it was a help. I'm glad we have these phone meetings as ideas like these get the chance to...sprout! get it? LOL

have a good evening one and all :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment