Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Food for Today's Thoughts on Tuesday, August 16, 2011_Ginger baby!

I finally bought some ginger for my smoothie. I was so excited I decided to make it for my supper tonight. Also as I'd had a big salad with my 2oz of chicken at lunch, I wanted to rest my body. So once I'd digested my watermelon pre-meal, I got to work, chopping and dicing.

tonights recipe included, 2 carrots, 3 small chunks ginger, 2 green apples ( 1 small, 1 med), handfulls of cucumbers and some left over green juice from a previous smoothie.

I tried it without the green juice and it was very fresh very carrot tasting. I liked it. I could picture breakfast mid morning or mid afternoon on a mountain hike sipping this while climbing up a trail between the sunny pines.
I then added the ginger and some green drink. It turned an earthy green, orange-ish brown like roots, like the rich earth out in the Western USA. And I thought of my family's Colorado trip some years ago and the deep colors of rock there. RESULT: a bit sweet, a bigger spicy bite...quite good!

No comments:

Post a Comment